Education & Training
This page includes AT resources that focus on education and training.
- Assistive Technology Factsheet: Three-page table of the 17 categories of AT that were used in the AT-Info-Map project (PDF 481KB).
- Assistive Technology Guide: A 56 page guide that includes photos and descriptions of a wide range of AT products that are relevant in the Southern African context. AT products are organized into 17 categories (PDF 2MB).
- AT Sector Challenges and Solutions in Southern Africa: Two-page summary of major challenges in increasing AT access in Southern Africa and potential strategies for disability persons organizations (DPOs) and other stakeholders to implement (PDF 111KB).
WHO resources on mobility devices
- Standards for Prosthetics and Orthotics (2017): Includes a set of standards and a manual for implementation to support countries in developing or improving high-quality, affordable prosthetics and orthotics services.
- Joint Position Paper on the Provision of Mobility Devices in Less Resourced Settings (2011): Outlines what needs to be done in the areas of policy, service provision, capacity development and technology to improve access to mobility devices for people with disabilities and older people.
- Wheelchair Guidelines and Training Resources (2008-17): Includes a series of guidelines, training packages and manuals designed to improve wheelchair provision in less resourced settings.